On Wednesday, July 20, WRI’s Letha Tawney will participate in a webinar on corporate renewable procurement. Details and registration here:
Earlier this year Clean Edge released its inaugural universe of public companies leading the transition to a clean-energy economy. Thirty-four corporates made the initial cut, including Nike, Facebook, Apple, Intel, Johnson & Johnson, and Walmart. In July, Clean Edge will announce its updated universe, including the addition of a number of new corporations to the list.
The trend toward corporate leadership in clean-energy procurement is expanding rapidly with dozens of multinationals reaching near 100% clean-energy procurement for their operational needs. In 2015, for the first time ever, corporate procurement of wind energy was led by corporations making direct purchases (through PPAs) rather than via contracts with utilities. Earlier this year, a number of leading NGOs launched the Renewable Energy Buyers Alliance (REBA) to bring together the various initiatives supporting companies that are on a pathway to powering their operations with clean energy.
Join us for an interactive discussion on the latest trends as corporates play an increasingly important role as purchasers of utility-scale, community-based, and distributed (on-site) clean-energy generated electricity.
In this interactive webinar you will:
• Access a new summary infographic/briefing with datasets, current trends, and best practices covering corporate clean energy activities
• Dive into how leading corporates are progressing in their renewables efforts and the key drivers behind them
• Learn about the updated group of Clean Edge’s Corporate Clean Energy Leaders universe
• Letha Tawney, Director of Utility Innovation and Chair Renewable Energy, World Resources Institute
• Cyrus Wadia, VP Sustainable Business and Innovation, Nike
• Bill Weihl, Director of Sustainability, Facebook
• Erik Fogelberg, SVP Commercial Sales and Storage Solutions, SolarCity
• Ron Pernick, Managing Director, Clean Edge (Moderator)